Homeopathy is a safe, gentle, and natural system of healing that works with your body to relieve symptoms, restore itself, and improve your overall health.
It is extremely safe to use, even with very small children and pets, has none of the side effects of many traditional medications and is made from natural substances.
Homeopathy is not a general term that describes a variety of different natural therapies. Some people think ‘homeopathy’ is the same as herbal medicine but it is far from it. In fact, most homeopathic medicine contains only the vibration or memory of the original substances and not the actual substance at all.
The word homeopathy originates from the Greek term ‘homois pathos’ which means ‘similar suffering’. Another way of thinking about this is “likes cure likes.” A homeopath treats people with a highly diluted substance from nature - a substance that is known to cause a similar symptom complex in healthy people when it is given in its crude or undiluted form. When a diluted homeopathic remedy is given it treats all of the patient’s symptoms, both physical and emotional.
Homeopathy was invented during the end of the 18th century by Samuel Hahnemann, a German medical practitioner, so it’s been around for over 200 years.
Homeopathy is based on 3 Laws of Homeopathy:
Law 1 - The Law of Similars
Hahnemann believed you could treat ‘like with like’ for example if you couldn’t sleep you could be treated with caffeine. This seems like a very strange idea considering coffee keeps most people awake, but for some people who have trouble sleeping, a homeopathic preparation of caffeine, called coffea helps them sleep.
Law 2 - The Law of Infinitesimals
Homeopathic versions of the substance are created by taking a single drop of the original and diluting them down into solutions and depending on the dilution, different strengths (potencies) are created. The most common strengths you see in shops are 6c or 30c which are gentle and perfect for home use. The higher the number the more the original substance has been diluted and the more potent it becomes. Sounds strange that you will be taking a remedy prescribed for insomnia that started off as caffeine, and by the time it gets to the dilution to make it a 30c of coffea, it has absolutely no caffeine left.
Law 3 - The Law of Succussion
Rumour has it while Hahnemann was transporting his remedies on a horse-drawn cart, he made another breakthrough. He decided that the vigorous shaking of the homeopathic remedies further increased its potency. He named this shaking process ‘succussion’. Well, this process is replicated today, without the horse and cart of course, and homeopaths believe that this potentisation process allows the water to retain only a memory or vibration of the actual substance.
Homeopathy, in essence, stimulates the body to heal itself. That’s it. It is used to treat acute (severe and sudden) illnesses, like colds, ear infections, migraines, and sore throats, as well as chronic (enduring or persistent) conditions, like asthma, depression, autism, and arthritis.
Some remedies you might find useful in your First Aid Kit:
• Arnica: Used after injury, mental and physical bruising, before and after operations, visits to the dentist, a great one for kids.
• Apis mel: Used for insect stings, hives, swelling and stinging pains.
• Belladonna: Used for the sudden onset of red and hot/throbbing symptoms, chicken pox and shingles, measles and mumps, flushed face and shiny eyes, throbbing earache, sore throat, boils, headaches and a loss of appetite.
• Calc carb: Used for menstrual issues, heavy periods, cold extremities, cramp, bone and joint pain, digestive disorders, headache, anxiety and phobias and apprehension.
• Cantharis: Used for burns and scalds, sunburn, burning pain in the bladder, acid reflux, ADD/ADHD, bleeding and digestion issues.
• Carbo veg: Used for indigestion with excessive flatulence and wind, slow digestion of food, cough and tinnitus.
• Chamomilla: Used for teething, irritability and restlessness, colic, diarrhoea associated with teething, insomnia, menstrual issues (cramping and breast pain) and swollen glands.
• Euphrasia (eyebright): Used for conjunctivitis, inflamed burning eyes, hayfever and catarrh.
• Gelsemium: Used for colds flu-like symptom and sore throats.
• Nat mur: Used for eye conditions including dry eyes, itchy eyes, poor eyesight and glaucoma, sinus troubles, sneezy cold, runny nose, cold sores, migraine, menstrual or sunlight induced headache, water retention and perspiration problems.
• Nux vom: Used for easily irritated digestion, acid reflux, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, distension especially after too much food and drink.
• Phosphorus: Used for dry, tight coughs and hoarseness, night sweats, dark circles under eyes, anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, pallor and vomiting.
• Podophyllum: Used for diarrhea, heartburn, indigestion and IBS.
• Pulsatilla: Used for bedwetting, cystitis, chicken pox, weepiness, particularly in children and pre-menstrual women, changeable mood, and menopause, congested colds, coughs and earaches.
• Rhus toxicodendron: Used for aches and pains, back pain, sore muscles, chicken pox, cold sores, cough, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, sprains and strains.
• Silica: Used for hair, skin, and nail issues and nutritional deficiencies.
• Sulfur: Used for acne, cold, conjunctivitis, constipation, diarrhea, eczema, haemorrhoids, nausea and skin conditions.
• Urtica urens (stinging nettle): Used for allergies, anemia, bee stings, burns, hives, insect bites, poison ivy, rheumatism and skin irritations.
M&R Essentials Homeopathic Tonics initiate a healing response in the body and reliably restore good health. M&R Essentials Homeopathic Tonics are infused with a careful selection of bach flowers to treat many common ailments. Bach flowers are prepared from the flowers of wild plants, bushes or trees. They are designed to support the state of mind during the healing process. The bach flowers are safe to use for the whole family.
M&R Essentials Homeopathic Tonics available now include:
Allergy Clear Tonic – Helps fight against and ease the body’s reaction to allergens such as pollen, grasses and dust.
Cough & Cold Tonic – Naturaly stimulates the body to fight cold and flu symptoms.
Flush Control Tonic - Reduces physical and emotional symptoms of hormonal imbalances, manages change of life symptoms, including hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, loss of libido, bloatedness and irritability.
Intense Detox Tonic – Relieves IBS, bloating, nausea, headaches, constipation, stomach pain and helps regulate bowel motions.
Repair Tonic – Assists cell and tissue repair, excellent for sprains, strains, injuries, broken bones, pre and post surgery and child birth.
Skin Balance Tonic - Restores balance to the skin from the inside out, assists in the treatment of eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, urticaria, acne, boils and nappy rash.
Sleep Tight Tonic – Calms the mind and body for a deeper more restful sleep.
Stress Less Tonic – Calms the central nervous system and relaxes the mind, helps fight stress, anxiety, grief, panic attacks, agitation and angst.
Virus Clear Tonic - Fights viruses, penetrates skin and mucus membranes.